Wednesday 30 April 2014

TRAVEL TO MOVIES:TRANSCENDENCE


Director: Wally Pfister
Cast: Morgan Freeman , Paul Bettany , Cillian Murphy , Johnny Depp , Rebecca Hall
Plot: Three scientists - Max and the husband and wife team, Will and Evelyn - have been developing a programming code for the world's first fully self-aware computer. When a group of anti-technology terrorists assassinate Will, Evelyn uploads his brain into a prototype supercomputer. Although she at first finds the experiment seems to have gone wrong, before too long Evelyn finds Will responding in computer form. She goes on to connect Will to the Internet so he can help make further scientific breakthroughs. Will asks Evelyn to connect a microphone and a camera up to the computer so he can see and speak to her as well. When the anti-technology organization finds out, they try to steal the supercomputer and destroy it, but Will no longer needs the computer to survive.

Source: http://movies.insing.com/movie/transcendence-2014/id-39e50000/

My Movie Review: The movie is nostalgic and futuristic that's why it caught my attention. I was intrigued with the visual effects shown in the trailer so I watch it to see how things work and now I know. Johnny Depp shows his natural face in the first scenes without much make-up unlike most of his characters in other movies. I don't know if it's me who has the problem or the movies I'm watching. The ending bad as it goes on it gets crumble.
My Favorite Lines: "For one hundred and thirty thousand years, our capacity to reason has remained unchanged. The combined intellect of the neuroscientists, mathematicians and engineers pales in comparison to the most basic A.I. Once online, a sentient machine will quickly overcome the limits of biology; in a short time, its analytic power will become greater than the collective intelligence of every person born in the history of the world. Some scientists refer to this as the Singularity of Humanity. But I called it Transcendence."

No comments:

Post a Comment