Monday 29 February 2016

TRAVEL TO MOVIES: JOY


Director: David O. Russell
Cast: Jennifer Lawrence , Bradley Cooper , Robert De Niro , Édgar Ramírez , Diane Ladd , Virginia Madsen , Elisabeth Röhm , Dascha Polanco , Isabella Rossellini
Plot: A biopic on Joy Mangano, an American inventor and entrepreneur who created the famous "Miracle Mop". The film follows the struggles of Joy, who is a single mother of three, as she builds her business empire after inventing the Miracle Mop and eventually becoming the President of Ingenious Designs, LLC.


My Movie Review: The movie is inspiring from rags to riches story that will make you think how you'll made difference in your life and take action in building your dreams into reality. The snow is majestic makes the scenes comfy and breezy but the one I felt the magic when Jennifer Lawrence and Édgar Ramírez reaching hand on stage while snow is falling. Joy is my favorite film this year with the relevance of the story and the guts to pull through.
My Favorite Lines: "Christie, look at me. I want you to remember something cause a lot of times people get nice things and they start to think differently. We got here from hard work, patience, and humility. So I want to tell you, don't ever think the world owes you anything because it doesn't. The world doesn't owe you a thing." "I was valedictorian in high school. I got into a college in Boston but I stayed here cause my parents are getting divorced, stayed to help my mom and I help my dad with business stuff, accountant." 'Maybe your dreams are on hold for now. That's a nice way of putting it." "I believe the ordinary meets the extraordinary every single day." "I have real ambitions and real ideas."

No comments:

Post a Comment