Thursday 8 December 2016

TRAVEL TO PLACES: SINGAPORE CALDWELL HOUSE

My Personal Experience: I went to Caldwell House at Chijmes last year July 25, 2015, together with my sister. We went there to experience Chijmes during weekend night times. It was my first Saturday in Singapore on my fifth visit and my first time to see the church with different light. The mood of the place is calming yet vibrant I've found my inner peace.













Caldwell House
Chijmes began with one building- Caldwell House- which was designed by prominent colonial architect George Coleman who also designed Old Parliament House as a home for a Senior Magistrate’s clerk. Caldwell House is the most notably a grand Anglo-French Gothic chapel in 1904. One of the most elaborate place of worship in Singapore, intricate plaster-work, wall frescoes and Belgian stained glass windows, still inspire wonders today.

No comments:

Post a Comment