Monday 14 January 2019

TRAVEL TO MOVIES: BUMBLEBEE

Director: Travis Knight
Cast: Hailee Steinfeld , Dylan O'Brien , Jorge Lendeborg Jr. , John Cena , Angela Bassett , Peter Cullen , Justin Theroux , Kenneth Choi , John Ortiz , Pamela Adlon , Stephen Schneider
Plot: Twenty years before the events of the first film, in 1987, Bumblebee takes refuge in a small California beach town junkyard, where a teenage girl named Charlie Watson takes him in. However, the two of them soon find themselves hunted by a government agency known as Sector 7 led by Agent Burns. As they run from society, the two learn that Bee isn't the only Transformer on Earth, and that the others might not be as friendly.


My Movie Review: The movie is gold in a heart beat and spirit but short on adrenaline rush! Bumblebee is like fulfilling a child like fantasy of a robot with a softer side yet less action more drama is happening here I miss the hard heavy approach pound for pound action I got use too! It's like Transformers for babies or child-like with all cotton candy you can chew the sweetness when you taste it but will leave you nothing after that bite although it's easy to watch teen flick:) I'm so glad it got higher ratings and positive reviews with critics I wish I felt that too cause I root for this movie in the first place I said before why they make stand-alone movie for Bumblebee? And they did my wish was granted since Bumblebee is the most like character in Transformers I just didn't expect it will turned out this way I want to love this film but I have to be honest on what I felt I'm disappointed to say the least but my friend like this maybe its a preference thing?

Critics Consensus: Bumblebee proves it's possible to bring fun and a sense of wonder back to a bloated blockbuster franchise -- and sets up its own slate of sequels in the bargain. If only not being terrible was the same as being good; Bumblebee is still just reheated nostalgia. The movie works in large part because of the depth of Steinfeld's performance. We haven't seen such a well-realized character in any of the other Transformers movies. Compared to the previous 'Transformers' movies, Bumblebee is a breath of fresh air, emotional and surprisingly honest. A significant course correction for the series but only a modest success. A blockbuster about robots that feels anything but robotic, and not really like a blockbuster. The central relationship is as solid as B:127; I did cry and they played the best Duran Duran song. A mildly watchable, geared-towards-small-children diversion that could (and should) have been better:()

Source: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bumblebee

No comments:

Post a Comment