Wednesday 10 February 2021

TRAVEL TO PLACES: PHILIPPINES-- SECOND SAMGY NIGHT

My Personal Experience: I went to have a Second Samgy Night last year August 23, 2020, together with our neighbor in the province. Since its the second time they invite me I offered to help in cooking the meats! I'm the alternate grill boy that night once the one how grill got tired I'm the one who cook few mini hotdogs, slice onions and bacon strips, its a blast I had fun time!

 


Second Samgy Night
Directly translated from Korean, samgyeop-sal (삼겹살) means "three layer flesh," referring to striations of lean meat and fat in the pork belly that appear as three layers when cut. Preparation: Thick, fatty slices of pork belly, sometimes with the skin left on and sometimes scored on the diagonal, are grilled on a slanted metal griddle or a gridiron at the diners' table, inset with charcoal grills or convex gas burners. Usually, diners grill the meat themselves, flipping and cutting them with tongs and scissors, and eat directly from the grill. Consumption: Grilled meat is placed on fresh and/or pickled leaves of vegetables, with some ssamjang, and rolled up to make wrap which is eaten in one mouthful. Any combination of accompaniments mentioned above can be add to the roll according to preference, most popularly its slice garlic:)

No comments:

Post a Comment