Tuesday 23 May 2017

TRAVEL TO MOVIES: CHIPS


Director: Dax Shepard
Cast: Michael Peña , Dax Shepard , Jessica McNamee , Adam Brody , Vincent D'Onofrio , Ryan Hansen , Rosa Salazar , Justin Chatwin , Kristen Bell , Maya Rudolph , Ben Falcone
Plot: Jon Baker and Frank "Ponch" Poncherello are two new recruits who have just joined the California Highway Patrol (CHP). Baker is a beaten up pro motorbiker trying to fix his marriage while Ponch is a cocky undercover FBI agent investigating a multi-million dollar heist. They have to partner up to investigate what may be an inside job in their workplace.


My Movie Review: The movie is a missed fire on the target in this comic-ironic TV remake. Chips is action filled comedy that's funny to watch but it misses the humour in the process. Dax Shepard is good as an actor but bad as a director- the actors were not that maximize. The story is down spiral as it goes on and the ending is terrible doesn't make much sense. Michael Peña is hilarious in expression giving life to cringe-worthy moment that's amusing!
My Favorite Lines: "Hey, we need to focus. Are you kidding me right now? I'm just like kind of powerless when it comes to yoga pants. Let's get you out of this parking lot. You have a visible erection. You think you can ride with that? I don't know." "I need to get into some warm water. I'm not going to carry you there. I saved your life yesterday! Oh my god, I knew you were going to bring it up. Did you face plant in my... No, no, no, there was no contact.  I could have swore I felt either your nose or your lips. Nope... There might have been like a little bit of contact." "It's pretty bad ass, all suited up for battle. What, looking like UPS drivers? Go brown, right? This job is my one shot at saving my marriage."

No comments:

Post a Comment