Monday 5 January 2015

TRAVEL TO MOVIES: EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS


Director: Ridley Scott
Cast: Christian Bale , Joel Edgerton , Aaron Paul , Sigourney Weaver , Ridley Scott , Ben Kingsley , John Turturro , Maria Valverde , Ben Mendelsohn , Indira Varma , Dar Salim
Plot: A retelling of the story of Moses, from his near death as an infant to his adoption into the Egyptian royal family, his defiance of the Pharaoh and deliverance of the Hebrews from enslavement.

Source: http://movies.insing.com/movie/exodus-gods-and-kings-2014/id-c6e50000/

My Movie Review: The movie is spectacular and grand, fresh ideas in this old story and most of the scenes took my breath away. Christian Bale is phenomenal, one of his best performance and the role fits him well. Joel Edgerton looks astonishing with his bronze skin in his gold armour match for a King. Ridley Scott hit the pot with the interpretation of the story and when the great waves arrived my jaw drop, surreal moment worth capturing.
My Favorite Lines: "Moses, Ramesses, when I look at you I still see the two boys who grew up together close as brothers. Keep each other safe always." "There is a sea ahead and an army behind. Ready yourselves. You’ve honored me with your trust. If you stay, you will perish. Follow me, you will be free. Do not be afraid. God is with us." "What is the most important thing in your life?" "You are. And when will you leave me?" "Never." 

No comments:

Post a Comment